Monday, March 8, 2010

Lost.

Damn it! I cannot do this anymore!!! I just texted OMFG and had something I wanted to talk to him about and he asked what it was. I asked if I could speak freely, meaning is the GF around. And he said it would have to be tomorrow. This sucks.

I know that I am doing something I shouldn't be. I know he has a girlfriend. But I need him. I wanted to tell him that I am dying to be laying in this arms. The pain of not being able to do that is killing me. I feel this stabby pain in the middle of my chest. It's terrible.

We had lunch today and it was nice. The restaurant was dimly lit, so we were able to hold hands and talk without being caught. I got to pretend for a minute that I was the girlfriend. We discussed our situation and how to handle it. The conversation was a long time coming because often when we kiss he'll say "What the hell do we do now?" The feelings are too strong. We have passed the point of no return. So, today at lunch we discussed this.
We agreed we had two possible options.
1. Cut our losses. We could end the relationship now and spare our significant others feelings. This would enable us to exit the relationship with our good memories in tact and know that it was fun while it lasted, but us being together isn't a good idea.
Pros: S.O.'s not hurt. No messy breakup.
Cons: Our feeling would still be there. Waiting in the wings. I would wake up every day and wonder what he was doing and if he was happy. I would still love him. He said he would have regret and wonder if we were meant to be. And his feelings wouldn't go away. He would still love me.

2. Continue down this path until we cross the next line: We love each other more than we love the people we are with now. At that point decide if we leave them for each other.
Pros: We get to be together. All the time.
Cons: What if we don't like it? What if its only great now because we don't have to be the 1st girlfriend/boyfriend, just the one on the side? Also, would cause great pain to our current S.O.'s. Would be an incredibly sticky situation.

I almost broke it off with him. I teared up, said it was for the best, and then of course couldn't do it.

So, we decided on option 2.

I know it's not the most sound decision. But what if we are meant to be? He makes me incredibly happy. When I kissed him today for the first time, I sighed. It was like FINALLY. This is what I needed. He looks at me too. Not a glance but really LOOKS at me. He will just stare into my eyes and get this look on his face. It's a look of sheer contentment. Like he could look at me forever. Girls like that. It works. And every time he kisses my nose, I smile. I can't help it. He calls it my "instant smile button."

I miss him so much.


2 comments:

Jim Young said...

Hon'. You've all ready jumped over that wonderful line in the sand and taken the forbidden plunge into an affair. Neither option is going to be easy. I hope for the best for you in this situation. Love is such a fickle thing.

Anonymous said...

Yup JY is right.

Should end up a world class cluster fuck. But maybe it won't, I hope not anyway.

Good luck