Sunday, May 4, 2008

Dating Mr. Nice Guy

An interesting thing happened this week. After all the drama and craziness of TDH, Lemons and the Future Archaeologist, I started dating someone completely new. And I like him.

I wanted to post before now, but honestly I have been so busy I haven't had the time. Our first date was about a week ago and it was different than any other date I have been on. It seemed so natural. I didn't have to pretend with him, there were no games, it was just two people talking and enjoying the company of one another.

After the first date, I was concerned because, well, he is so NICE. I have never been with a guy that wasn't at least a 1/3 asshole and Mr. Nice Guy was so genuinely nice that I questioned it. He made NO MOVES the first date. He held my hand, put his hand on the small of my back, and smiled when I was telling a story. At the end of the night, no kiss.

I was in shock.

The second date we went to hear his friend sing in a band. She was amazing. And again, it was so comfortable. He was making me laugh and I was myself.

My last relationship I wasn't allowed to be myself. That is a really hard statement for me to make because I am an incredibly independent person and I never thought I would be in that situation, but I was. I made changes to myself to appease him and I lost myself in the process. I feel like I am back to who I was before we met, before we became a couple, before I got lost in all the fighting.

And now, with Mr. Nice Guy, I am able to be out with a man and feel like I am adored. It's strange.

And anyway, I kissed him.

I didn't think he was going to go for it without my okay so while we were playing pool and we had been laughing about something, I leaned into him and kissed him. He was receptive and closed his eyes and locked his lips with mine. It was slow, and soft, and I remember what he smelled like. I normally don't feel this doe eyed when it comes to guys...but something is different here.

We spent the following four days together. In between work and other committments we spent every evening together (and a few mornings) for the last four days. And, we haven't even had sex! I KNOW! I AM AS SHOCKED AS YOU! But, I like him, and don't want to rush it. So, we are enjoying each others company and seeing where things go.

Right now I live in two cities. One is my old city but I still have a house there and some committments but I have moved to another city two hours away. So, I am in the new city and Mr. Nice Guy is in the old. It's so unfortunate I didn't meet him earlier and we might have more time together. But, for now we are going to play it by ear.

Earlier today we were on the phone and he told me he just wanted me in his arms again. And, as cheesy as it sounds, that is all I can think about.

No comments: