Saturday, May 10, 2008

Observe.

Some Observations.

There are too many people in the world that don't know how to be single. They make it messy. They meet people that obviously are not a good fit for them and drag it out. Keep dating them. String them along. People get hurt. Hearts can be broken. The interesting thing about this phenomena is that they realize within a couple dates that this relationship won't work out, or the person has characteristics that they don't like and they KEEP DATING THEM.

I don't get it.

I know someone who dated a guy for a while who was not right for her mainly because he had personal issues he needed to resolve. She kept seeing him and was pretty attached. And when it all fell apart, as it always does in these situations, she was hurt. Looking back, I am sure she realizes if she had ended it when she saw the signs she would have been better off.

Hindsight is always 20/20.

I haven't been single long. I was the The Ex for a long time and I learned so much about myself. I learned that when I met him I didn't know who I was. And people who have no identity have no business dating. I lost myself in him. Which is an absolute shame because I am an interesting intelligent woman. It has taken me a while now to regain what I had lost and become whole again. I don't want to repeat that pattern that I had with The Ex so I am uber conscious when dating now. I look for the signs. Does he seem controlling? Do I apologize too much to him? Do I pretend to be interested in things I don't like to appease him? So far, I haven't done any of those things but when you are in your early twenties you sometimes want to be in love so much that you fall in love with the idea of it instead of the person. Or, at least, that is what happened to me.

Things with Mr. Nice Guy are still good. No sex yet. Wednesday night we slept together and he held me all night.

It felt right.

No comments: